in a lot of pain before periods

Started by Piou, October 16, 2017, 04:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piou

Hi,

I came to the conclusion that I may have been sexually abused as a child. A lot of signs point to it (physical sensations, depression, a lot of stuff really).

I find that when I'm about to get my period, ever since I've been having them, I am in a lot of pain, I cry a a lot, just a very very painful experience and would like to know if there could be a link? Also, I get insomnia pretty bad, hear voices and am super paranoid (feel like people are watching me all the time, that apartment neighbors can hear/see me through the wall, etc.).

I just wanna cry right now.

Thanks in advance for the responses.

AphoticAtramentous

Hm, it could be many different things.

A lot of women, myself included, have pain before their period, that is cramping and what not. I dunno if your pain is any different to that.

Are you seeing a therapist at the moment who you could talk to about this stuff? At least maybe see a doctor about the pain if it really bothers you.

I like vanilla

A while ago I did a whole lot of reading on the topic, and yes, women who have experienced CSA often do have physical manifestations of that abuse through pain and symptoms related to our reproductive systems (e.g. painful PMS), and genitals.

That said, it is also possible that you have something of physical concern, so it is probably a still good idea to see a doctor. I know that can be difficult in and of itself, never mind when dealing with our reproductive systems and genitals. But, generally, it is better to deal with these concerns sooner rather than later. Some doctors will let you bring a trusted friend or allow the nurse in to hold your hand if needed/wanted.

Finally, it is entirely possible that, as happened to me, you have something that is going on physically that might be not so bad in a neuro-typical woman, but which is aggravated by the added factor of the experience of CSA.

Sceal

Have you considered whether it is endometrosis or dysmenorrhea? Your doctor should be able to tell you more about those conditions and rule out if it might be that what you're suffering from.

It might be, as the others have said physical manifestation. But I think it's also important to note that not all of the physical symptoms we do feel throughout our lives and bodies are directly connected to past trauma. Maybe it has a connection or is a secondary cause for the problem to occur, but it could also be an unrelating somatic illness.

You also mention insomnia, hearing voices and being paranoid. I've also been through those symptoms and still have some. If you feel you want to talk about that, let me know.