Trauma Egg

Started by texannurse, July 21, 2017, 10:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texannurse

My T wants me to do a "trauma egg" exercise. My general understanding is that you get all your trauma onto one page using only symbols - no words - then go through it with your T and look for themes to help focus the treatment.
Has anyone else done this? It looks scary and pretty overwhelming.

Texannurse

sanmagic7

to tell you the truth, texan, it does sound overwhelming.  there can be so very many layers of trauma piled on top of each other . . . i know i'd find it very difficult to do something like this.  i don't know if i could

the first thought that came to my mind was to break this into pieces, perhaps childhood, adolescence, etc.  18-25, 26-30, or however it shakes out for you.   or, different people in your life, how each traumatized you individually.  i don't know, i've never heard of this before, can't really think what your t is envisioning.

maybe you want to get more explanation, more specifics, exactly how it would be done, exactly what's expected of you, all the details you can so you understand more clearly what your t means.  personally, i would want all that before i'd jump in.  don't know if any of this is helpful.  just my thoughts.   hugs to you.