Hello I'm new here!

Started by Suricatta, July 20, 2017, 04:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suricatta

Hi, I have just joined and I am glad I found this site. I developed CPTSD in childhood and as I have become an adult, life is difficult to navigate. Life experiences seem to hit me harder than my friends which is hard for them to understand, as I don't bounce back easily. I have a good doctor and I have found Clinical Psychology helpful, but I still overreact to daily normal events, where I don't feel safe. After reading today about CPTSD, I have a better understanding of me, so I begin another journey! I look forward to reading your posts & chatting & journeying with you!

sanmagic7

welcome, suricatta, am very glad you found us.

this forum has been a life-changer and saver for me.  i hope you're able to find the healing and support and kindness that you deserve.  i've found more than i ever thought possible.  looking forward to getting to know you. 

Blueberry

:heythere: Welcome on here Suricatta! It's a very supportive forum here. Much of what you write sounds very familiar to me. Hope to read more about you when you're ready.

Minnow

Hi Suricatta!  Welcome!

Your experiences are very common to people with C-PTSD, and it can be very comforting to know you're not alone in your struggles, you're not a "freak" or "weak", you've just been through some unimaginably difficult stuff and may be experiencing some "culture shock" as it were in transitioning from "inside" to "outside".

Looking forward to seeing you around here!

Kizzie

Welcome Suricatta,  :heythere:  You're in very company here  :yes: