I am...

Started by songbirdrosa, July 12, 2017, 04:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

songbirdrosa

So it's like 2 o'clock in the morning and I was just starting to drift off to sleep, but I had a revelation and I NEED to get it down.

I am not critical. I am not nitpicky. I am not lazy. I am not worthless, or useless, or stupid, or undeserving. I am not my mother. And I am definitely not my father. I am not a slave to my abusers. And I am not weak.

I am kind. I am empathetic. I am extremely intelligent. I am creative. I have value. I am determined. I am resilient. I am my own person. I am not going to let my past define who I am now. And I am really, really strong.

Elphanigh

I wanted to say  how much I love your revelation. You are all of those wonderful things and so many more Songbirdrosa  :hug: It is heart warming to read this post. I hope you can sleep with all of those good feelings in your heart

Three Roses

woodsgnome

You are all of those attributes and more. Keep them in your heart--they define who you really are. Read them over and over; you might want to create some art, music, devise a meaningful ritual, etc., around those qualities, or some other way to be reminded of this revelation. It might take a while to unlearn what the abusers did, but it's so worth it.

Congratulations on just expressing it this way--where you may indeed have inspired others to follow suit and help turn towards living from their inner truth as well.

:hug:

sanmagic7

you are beautiful!!!

songbirdrosa

Thank you everyone :). Truly, from the bottom of my heart your support has meant so much to me. I wouldn't have made half the progress I have if not for this wonderful place  :bighug: