The healing porch

Started by Wife#2, July 10, 2017, 02:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sceal

I've been so tensed up the past two weeks I can't seem to shake the physical pain. So I'd like to get wrapped up in a healing blanket that takes away the pain, while drinking a HUGE cup hot chocolate with cream.

Elphanigh

Sceal, that is a great idea for a blanket. My body is in much the same shape, especially after twisting my knee and then working on it for 6 hours yesterday. Is there enough hot chocolate and cream to go around?

Sceal

There are plenty of healing blankets. In various colours, textures and heavyness. I prefer them heavy, and woolen, and in rustic colours.  It sure sounds as if you could need a healing one, especially for that knee of yours.

And there is definitively enough hot chocolate with cream. It's magic cream, it's the kind of cream that doesn't make your belly go upset if you can't handle milk.  :hug:

Elphanigh

That is perfect Sceal, thank you. My healing blankets tend to be heavy, but extremely soft. Not like a silky soft, but like those kind of furry blankets. If you know what a costco is they sell them there irl. Soft things are a great grounding texture for me. My knee has certainly needed it, I have had to keep it wrapped all day.

Elphanigh

Going to use this place for a small while. I need to pull some strength and peace from somewhere to get me through the next 6-7 hours.

I will sit on the steps over looking the water with a blanket of calm, encouragement, strength and some physical healing (my knee is still a large chunk of the issue)

Sceal

I am building a snow iglo. I'm going to hide in my snow iglo, lying on the ground looking up at the little opening at the top staring at the stars far, far above.

sanmagic7

i just need to be here for awhile where no one is going to sidle quietly into my room and startle the crapola out of me, then chuckle, like it's so funny that i jump and put my hand over my heart cuz it's beating triple time and takes a bit before it calms down.

too much tension.  i'm going for one of those healing blankets, too.  the softest pink color, medium weight - my back is killing me.  it's moved up to my shoulder blades in the past 2 months.  i need some relief.  i know i'll get it here.

woodsgnome

This place is so inviting. I've come to be alone.

What an oddity--I'm always/already am lonely in the extreme; and I'm seeking more?

It's not, as some might imagine, purely out of habit. Turns out I need huge portions of solitude; notice it's not loneliness, but solitude that's the key.

I've no idea what that key opens, but it seems essential to hold on to it. Someday...maybe I'll find that it will unlock my heart from its box of pain.

Blueberry

I think I should put part of my soul here while the rest of me prepares for a client and goes through the 45 minutes with client. So my Little Ones are all going onto teh Healing Porch where they'll find toys and where they'll find gentle, friendly dogs to pet, maybe they'll even approach some of the cats. Some of the bigger children might wander onto the shore or ask if they can go up into the tree house or see if the bonfire is burning to sit by. Or some of them might take one of the younger children they feel closest too and read them a story e.g.

The hurt part of my adult who is dealing with all this #$&# from FOO will wander around finding which part of the Porch is most calming and soothing, my Life Basket in hand to help. Maybe even find a safe person or two from here for a hug. Not suggesting that any of you aren't safe-safe, but in my hurt stage I really need to check each and every encounter to ensure that it's really safe in the moment and that I'm not overriding any of my own boundaries.

Elphanigh

Blueberry, this sounds like a very healing idea. I am here today if you need me. Although most of it is my littles residing here so I can get some work done today. Part of my soul needs this restful place, the other part has a paper to be writing

Blueberry

Thank you Elphanigh  :hug: I got through my work quite well anyway, better than for same client last week.

Elphanigh

I am glad you got through your work pretty well  :hug: Hopefully, you can take some down time to rest as well today.

goth_mike

I'll just sit here for a bit then take your puppies down to the beach and teach them to play fetch if that's OK...

Elphanigh

That is always okay. My dog milo love playing fetch at the beach. He will play for hours if you let him

Elphanigh

I am taking the strength and courage this place gives me into my session today. 

Thank you for creating such a source of good