Is my EF related to getting better?

Started by LaurelLeaves, June 14, 2017, 12:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurelLeaves

I was thinking about a panic attack I had recently, and I realized it had two components.  The first was a EF that sent quite suddenly into a deep depression that was situational and resolved when I left the building.  And the panic attack was at the end when I saw someone who had triggered me before and I thought I couldn't avoid them.

I realized that the EF was really the thing that didn't understand.  I could find no trigger for it.   Then I realized that I had been uncomfortable before the EF... but I was the kind of uncomfortable-ness I was used to.  It was just life.  I had to put up with it many times in my life.  So it wasn't the kinda thing I would think of as trigger.   

And I thought.... maybe this means that I've let my guard down enough to actually feel.   
Does this happen?

Dee

I think sometimes it is just so hard to find the trigger.  It can be anything a feeling, dampness in the air, someone you didn't think much of at the time.  I think sometimes we can't always find them.  Sometimes when it starts to get dark at night I feel small and alone.  It isn't something I would of identified as a trigger in the past.

Or perhaps it is a sign of recovery.  I like that!  I also feel trying to understand what just happened is a sign of recovery.