Small step forward . . .

Started by alliematt, June 14, 2017, 12:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alliematt

I got up on Saturday morning and realized that I'd been telling myself a lot of lies.  The biggest ones are that no one likes me and everyone lies.

It's not true that no one likes me.  I have plenty of people who like me.  It's true that not everyone will like me (that's just a fact of life.)  It's also true that the vast majority of people in the world don't even know that I exist. 

With the business of "everyone lies", I don't want to be paranoid and not believe anyone.  What I want is a healthy skepticism.  It's tough to dig through what is true and what is not in this day and age of information overload. 

Dee

Good for you.  It isn't all black and white.  That is something I struggle with.

sanmagic7

wonderful realizations.  i've struggled mightily with not having everyone like me.  i felt like a failure because of it, of the worst kind. 

it's good to have those realizations bring us into reality.  i know now i'm not a failure, that having everyone like me is an impossibility.  i've learned that thru my narc/misogynist ex, who hated me just because i was a woman, and my narc daughter, who hated me because i had another baby and took some of her attention away.  whew!  hard to battle those reasonings!

personally, i think it's a big step forward, at least it was for me.  what a huge relief.  it looks big to me, feels big to me.  at any rate, congrats to you, alliematt.  well done!