DDNOS or OSDD (now)

Started by Dee, May 03, 2017, 12:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee

Any experience with this?  It is my latest diagnosis.  I got it in the hospital.  My psychiatrist wasn't thrilled because he said I didn't need another diagnosis and said it is part of my PTSD.

I was told I definitely have different ego states.  It was dropped on me the day before I left during my discharge paperwork.

Three Roses

During our last session, I told my T about an unusual experience I had while falling asleep one night - I felt the presence of someone in the room, asked who it was, felt silly, went to sleep without thinking about it much more. When I woke up, I felt different, and remembered insignificant things I had totally forgotten, things I'd done and felt as a child of about 9 or so. One vivid memory i regained was of me riding my bicycle and feeling the wind in my hair.

Freaked me out. I still don't know what to think.

sanmagic7

osdd stands for other specified dissociative disorder.  it's taken the place of ddnos - dissociative disorder not otherwise specified.

these are diagnostic labels in  the dsm manual.  i don't know how or why they've changed this.  these and others are under the dissociative disorder spectrum, and happen because of trauma.   still, they don't have c-ptsd.  beats me!  glad to have you back, dee.

Blueberry

DDNOS has been suggested in my case by one bunch, disagreed on by others. Now that I'm better grounded in my Adult persona and do much less Inner Child work, I don't notice the symptoms so much. Anyway, yes, CPTSD is surely the main Beast.