Hello

Started by Montys, April 26, 2017, 05:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Montys

Hello, everybody. I'm a bit nervous joining because I haven't been able to be officially diagnosed with anything due to financial and transportation reasons, so if I need to leave, I will.

My friend who has c-PTSD is the one who introduced me to it, and after a lot of years of anguish and anxiety and the rest, this feels like it might be the missing puzzle piece. I think I suffered emotional abuse at the hands of my family and the church I was raised in, on top of being gay and trans, but I feel horrifically guilty saying that.

I don't really know where else to go. I appreciate how kind everyone seems to be here. Thank you.

Hope66

Hi Montys,
I haven't been officially diagnosed either, but have been made to feel very welcome here, and I would like to welcome you - you will hopefully find this a very supportive forum, and I am glad you found your way here.

There are lots of incredible people with many experiences, and it's a supportive and validating place.

I felt daunted and a bit scared when I posted my first post, but those feelings soon disappeared as I found how warm and welcoming this forum has been.

Hope  :)

Blueberry

Welcome Montys  :heythere:
Everybody who feels affected is welcome here, with or without an official diagnosis.

I remember when I first joined I wrote something like I had trouble finding the right words and now I'm posting like a maniac everyday, or maybe I should say like some sort of wordsmith, as more neutral wording.  ;)

It's a very supportive and welcoming forum with lots of experience-sharing. I feel I've progressed a lot in a short time here. I hope you settle in well here and profit too.

sanmagic7

hey, montys,

so glad you made it here and a very warm welcome to you.

i have no official diagnosis, either, but i've never found a support group either on or off line where i have felt more comfortable, safer, and at home.

take your time, look around, ask questions, share what you want when you want.  this is about recovery and healing through community.  i couldn't have gotten as far as i have without the wonderfully kind and caring people here.