Pain

Started by texannurse, April 24, 2017, 02:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texannurse

I am so confused - yesterday was a great day and today I feel horrible. All the trauma related memories are flooding my brain and I can't get them to be silent. And I do NOT have time to process right now. I am in pain and feel like I'm going to explode. Any suggestions for how to move the pain out of my line of vision so I can do what I need to do at work?

joyful

texannurse,
I wish I did! That's so hard, when we get flashback-ed and don't have time to deal with it properly or show ourselves the compassion we need.
Could you maybe take five or ten minutes, go in a bathroom stall and just write out everything on your mind, type it into your phone or whatever? Then at least it clears the space in your head, and you can go back to it when you feel ready and have sufficient time?
I'm sorry that's not more helpful...  :hug:

sanmagic7

i like joyful's suggestion - a possible quick fix for the moment just so you can do what you need to do for work.  it can be so difficult to make these things stop when we need to be doing other things.  writing has always helped me.  best to you with this, texannurse. 

texannurse

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try that next time.  :hug: