Three good things a day

Started by Elphanigh, April 18, 2017, 02:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wife#2

Quote from: Blueberry on April 26, 2017, 10:05:36 PM
1)While I've been posting on here, I kept getting up to move to music, especially allowing my body to dictate the moves (rather than my head). Sometimes I've even been thumping my feet on the floor which helps ground me. I really like moving to music.

2)i spoke to a potential employer again, after turning the job down myself a week or two ago, to say I could try the job out for a couple of hours next week and the week after.

3) And he was agreeable to that. I know I will be paid for it.

Hurray, Blueberry!  One step at a time, friend. That took real courage to call him back. Way to go, Brave Blueberry! :cheer:

sanmagic7

today:

i did my breathing and stretches

i did some walking

i began taking crates out to clean for packing.   eeeek!

Elphanigh

These are difficult today and I didn't do them yesterday so here is my best try at both.

Yesterday
-I had a fabulous lunch
- I stood up for myself and let my thoughts be heard
- I focused at work for most of the day

Today (It is early but her is what I have right now to hold on to)
- I got out of bed on time to be at work
-There is bagels at work (will get them when I am done posting here)
- The rain smells amazing

I will go through and read this as I go today. I think good is going to be hard to hold onto.

Wife#2

For today:

My son feels better than yesterday.

He made his own chocolate milk this morning, after getting ready early.

My boss bought me a biscuit as a month-end surprise (got one for all her staff, which was really nice).

Contessa

Elphanigh

I have been following this thread, and because of it I have been writing three good things a day in a little diary next to my bed each night before sleep. I cannot believe how good I'm feeling in myself because of it, thank you for starting this.

But it doesn't stop there, you have truly inspired me, and I have a plan. Will write about it in another thread.... :yes: :woohoo:

Elphanigh

Contessa, I am so glad I could help! I am glad to know this has helped you so much. I will be excited  to hear about your plan in another thread :)

Elphanigh

Three good things today
1. I have glasses now, and they do actually help me read and with the computer screen
2. I got a good amount of sleep
3. My morning meeting was short and productive

Blueberry

I eventually got up

I phoned 2 friends

I'm reading and posting on here

Elphanigh

I hope everyone is doing well today, here are my good things
1. I am communicating with my partner better, things are settling down for the moment and we have reached a better decision for us
2. It was sunny when I woke up today (finally!)
3. I am practicing good self care more consistently

Blueberry

1) I'm happy that Elphanigh's post reminded me to think of 3 Good Things Today

2) I got up eventually and at least had a shower

3) I enjoyed the couple of hours of work I did

Contessa

Elphanigh,
If it was sunny when you woke up, then greetings from the other side of the world. It's getting darker here :P

Elphanigh

Contessa, I was posting from  about 11am. My time. I had been up since 7. Different parts of the world certainly but maybe not too far. You posted about 4pm my time :)

Contessa

Good point.
Greetings from the southern hemisphere!!
My post was about 10 or 11. Or 9. I paid absolutely no attention to time this morning, ha.

Wife#2

Hmm, Contessa, one of your good things could be, 'not a slave to a clock!'

For yesterday:
1) I helped a friend, who I hope to help even more real soon
2) All six puppies have their eyes open
3) I had a good day at work

For today:
1) I will pay a bill on time and with resources I actually have.
2) I will make healthier choices on beverages - after my morning coffee
3) I am feeling hopeful today.

Elphanigh

Haha I do that sometimes to Contessa. I had to look at post times to check it out. I was curious as I do ahve friends in some weird places in the world. Some like 6 hours or more different. Sounds like you are in that boat. Although the southern hemisphere sounds fun! I have never actually been.

Here are my three things kind of early.
1. I feel like I actually slept for once
2. Actually ate a healthy breakfast
3. I am smiling because posts on here

Those are wonderful things Wife2! I do as well enjoy a morning cup of coffee or two. I applaud you for making good drink choices after your one cup  :cheer: