Three good things a day

Started by Elphanigh, April 18, 2017, 02:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hope66

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Yay for you Blueberry, that's really great!   :)

songbirdrosa

My three things are from this past week

1) I applied for compensation through a victims' advocacy service. I could get as much as $10k if they approve it!

2) I overcame the urge to hurt myself without needing outside support.

3) I made some really good progress in a project I've been stuck on for quite a while.

woodsgnome

1. Was asked if I'd consider taking part in an intensive therapy group by the therapist leading it ("you add so much")...considering, but not sure due to other considerations; just nice to be asked in a direct way.

2. Heard, out of the blue, from someone I gelled well with many years back. Though we drifted apart, he ended by saying "I don't know how many people have ever told you this, but you're a special person; you need to know that."

3. Made it through another month of bills but qualified for heating assistance payments.

Elphanigh

I haven't posted here in a long time. I  am so grateful that you have all helped keep this thread alive. It still surprises me just how much this became a part of this forum. Thank you all. I haven't been in a place to participate much recently, but I am hopeful that I can again soon. I feel the need to post some good here.

1. I allowed myself to truly start writing my paper for admissions into graduate school.
2. I am fully participating in therapy, and in a stable enough place I can intensely work on ego state therapy
3. I gained an understanding into my younger self that I was previously missing

Sceal

Thank you for starting it, Elphanigh.

1.) Me and my T threw a ball to each other in therapy today. It was oddly comforting and grounding, not to say surrealistic
2.) My application to participate with art for a gallery show in 2018 is one step closer. ( I wont know until January if I'm actually going to be allowed to show my art - also.. have to make it first)
3.) I dyed my hair ginger today

Three Roses

1. My husband is awesome.

2. My kids still love me.

3. My dog's eyes are so warm and comforting to me.

Blueberry

songbirdrosa and Elphanigh, that sounds like awesome progress you're both making!  :cheer: And woodsgnome - sounds like good things happening  :cheer:

My 3 Good Things:

1) I'm making progress, which I wrote about in my Journal
2) I went to chat to a volière full of birds today
3) I made the effort to go to choir practice.

woodsgnome

1. Very solid therapy session where progress seemed real, and even I can sense it. Putting into practice what I'm learning remains the challenge.

2. Heard from someone I needed to per an upcoming decision.

3. The rickety car held up for another day.

DecimalRocket

That's great, Blueberry and W.G!  :cheer:

My 3 Good things :

1. Had some intense flashbacks today but calmed down soon when I went to learn my hobbies.

2. Did some work with my  current hobbies. Almost finished the programming course on Python online. Finished learning Hiragana, a Japanese alphabet and moved on to Katakana.

3. I was able to catch up with my Precalcalus classes I kept missing due to mental and physical health issues and will move to Calcalus soon. The math is beautiful — bless my nerdy heart!

Blueberry

1) I finally had a shower but allowed myself a compromise and didn't wash my hair
2) I visited a bunch of Little Furry Critters of the type I gave up
3) I biked there and back

Blueberry

1) I got out of bed
2) I washed the kitchen floor for the first time since the Little Furry Critters moved out and did some other cleaning which is making me feel better
3) I rubbed some skin cream into the skin of my feet, which is terribly dry. A little bit of self-care with the scent of rose.  :)

Hope66

I think the scent of a rose on your feet with the foot cream sounds really nice.  I have some Rose scented cream that I put on my hands sometimes, and I feel like it really helps me to feel 'good'.  Blueberry - I must stop by here and think of 3 good things in a day too - it is lovely to read the ones you've done, as well as those of other people - a great thread. 

Hope  :)

Blueberry

1) I cycled to the farm today and it didn't even rain
2) Other than my normal work at the farm, I had to do some cleaning but somebody helped me with it. Cleaning is something I have difficulty with - often a bit EF-like, so somebody volunteering to help was so good.
3) For the first time I actually made it by 6am instead of 6:30.  :cheer:
4) The sun was shining when I cycled home again.
5) I cleared up a problem I had with somebody at the farm  :thumbup:  which is very important because when there are problems between me and somebody I react with even more fatigue than usual.

Blueberry

1) Had a shower today and finally washed my hair. I feel more human due to this  ;)
2) I allowed myself to act on my impulses today and do what I wanted rather than what I thought I should do.
3) I played keyboard for a bit and sang. It was difficult - making sounds, I could be heard... but I did it because I wanted to.
4) Started writing Letters to Not Send to FOO and crying, which makes me feel lighter.

Blueberry

From last little while:

1) Last week I finally phoned for a doc appointment
2) Today i've been allowing myself to do what actually feels right in the moment and not what I think I should do.
3) Found the type of music that's good for me to listen to and move around to today.