Three good things a day

Started by Elphanigh, April 18, 2017, 02:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AphoticAtramentous

Quote from: woodsgnome on September 06, 2017, 04:12:13 PM
1. Had a thorough session with therapist today. Went in all messed up and discouraged but left feeling 99 3/4 % better about life, what's been happening in mine, and thankful I have this insightful therapist, after so many I couldn't relate to and/or vice versa.

2. Mystic the cat has his head cradled on my arm as I type this.

3. I'm looking forward to a special program tonight that I had a hand in setting up.
Nice to hear your therapy session went well! :D And it's sweet that you have your own little cat to keep you company. So adorable!

Quote from: samantha19 on September 12, 2017, 02:46:25 PM
I recieved so much support and kindess during some hours of terror I experienced early hours of this morning.
I have managed to go into work despite my lack of sleep and I have made some progress on my task - which is far better than nothing.
My sandwiches today were really good lol
Haha, hooray for good sandwiches! lol It's great that you were able to make some progress with your work. :) You are right, it is better than nothing! ^-^ That's a good thing to remind yourself of. I say the same to myself as much as I can.

Quote from: Blueberry on September 12, 2017, 05:07:39 PM
1) Therapy session was really good and useful today.
2) I realised something in the hours after therapy and did 2 rounds of EFT
3) Nice walk on the lake shore, talking to and watching the water birds
That sounds really nice, Blueberry. I hope the walk was calming and relaxing for you.  :hug:

Quote from: Elphanigh on September 13, 2017, 02:23:29 AM
1. My sister is pregnant, so I get to be an Aunt!
2. I am succeeding at my new job
3. Doing research, and working out has really made me feel more like myself
Congratulations to your sister! :) Well done with your job and research too. ^-^

My three things:
#1. First day of training in the new department at work, and it went really well! Coworkers and customers said I was doing really good for my first day. :)
#2. Bought a new game yesterday which I get to try out tonight! Excitement!
#3. I commissioned an artist a week ago to draw something for me and they finished it today. It looks really good and I'm so happy with it!

Blueberry

1. I sat in the garden in the sun enjyoing the warmth and all the colours - most of the trees are still green, but there's a creeper of some sort turned mostly maroon going up a white wall. The sky is blue, and there are still some flowers around, orange, blue, pink, yellow.
2. Allowing myself to go into the garden at all instead of staying inside.
3. My neighbours are leaving me in peace for the most, so I don't even have to practise saying "No".
4. I brought 3 cranesbill flowers in from the garden. I'd been intending to procure some flowers for a few days and I finally did it.  :cheer:

Blueberry

1. After writing a letter to not send, I'm feeling much lighter.
2. Have healthier impulses and more energy and more motivation to carry them out.
3. Brought some more flowers in.

Blueberry

1. The sun was shining.
2. I did a few outdoor jobs, but didn't go overboard and do too many either.
3. I listened and sang to a healing CD.

Blueberry

Oh dear, it's me again. I'm a little embarrassed but going to post anyway
1. My T is actually continuing on a little longer than end March 2018 and has in principle OKed the idea that once my current sessions come to an end (in 5 or 6 weeks) I can keep going for a while at the rate of 3 sessions per quarter year. This is a relief because I don't think I'll be quite through with things to enable basic functioning and professional work by end November of this year.
2. I visited the aquarium after therapy today (as intended last week and not done) and stood watching fish, seahorses, jellyfish, stingrays etc etc meditatively for a good few hours.
3. I listened and sang to my healing CD.
4. Therapy didn't take as much out of me today as I had envisaged.

Elphanigh

Thank you for continuing this Blueberry.

1. I made it through work today
2. My personal relationships finally feel normal and safe
3. I am off tonight to rest

Sceal

1. I slept most of the night without interruptions
2. It's sunny outside
3. I got coffee

AphoticAtramentous

Quote from: Blueberry on September 26, 2017, 10:20:10 PM
Oh dear, it's me again. I'm a little embarrassed but going to post anyway
1. My T is actually continuing on a little longer than end March 2018 and has in principle OKed the idea that once my current sessions come to an end (in 5 or 6 weeks) I can keep going for a while at the rate of 3 sessions per quarter year. This is a relief because I don't think I'll be quite through with things to enable basic functioning and professional work by end November of this year.
2. I visited the aquarium after therapy today (as intended last week and not done) and stood watching fish, seahorses, jellyfish, stingrays etc etc meditatively for a good few hours.
3. I listened and sang to my healing CD.
4. Therapy didn't take as much out of me today as I had envisaged.
It's nice you're keeping the thread alive Blueberry. :) Reminds me it exists, haha.
Nice to hear about all this though. And the aquarium sounds so wonderful! Wish I had one around my city so I could go to one myself.

Quote from: Elphanigh on September 27, 2017, 12:01:43 AM
Thank you for continuing this Blueberry.

1. I made it through work today
2. My personal relationships finally feel normal and safe
3. I am off tonight to rest
:applause:

Quote from: Sceal on September 27, 2017, 06:10:43 AM
1. I slept most of the night without interruptions
2. It's sunny outside
3. I got coffee
Always nice to appreciate the sunny weather every now and then. :D

-----

#1. I got some of my artwork professionally printed today, on glossy paper and all and it looks so good. Couldn't keep my smile away for a while!
#2. Going back to sleep after having a nightmare didn't just put me straight into another nightmare like what usually happens. >.>
#3. Am slowly getting the hang of 'accepting my mood' instead of being annoyed at myself for being down.

Sceal

Quote from: AphoticAtramentous on September 27, 2017, 12:11:53 PM
Always nice to appreciate the sunny weather every now and then. :D
-----
#1. I got some of my artwork professionally printed today, on glossy paper and all and it looks so good. Couldn't keep my smile away for a while!

90% of the year it's rainy, windy, snowy, or just cloudy. :D So on the rare 10% of the year where it does get sunshine - it's wonderful. Especially during atumn with all the vibrant autumn colours  ;)

Getting art printed and it looks FINE, is amazing feeling! Hang on to it. You've done great

Blueberry

1. I had the energy to make a cake today which I've been intending to make for a few days
2. I did some tidying and washed the dishes.
3. I finally had a shower and washed my hair, and feel much better on account of it.
4. I played my healing CD really loudly while I was in the shower so I could hear it above the running of the water, and I sang to it too. (That's big progress because I'm frightened of 'disturbing the neighbours' and of 'being heard' - in both cases a projection. I am of course in a semi-EF in both cases.) I have never sang that loudly in the shower before, maybe hummed along a little bit, but sang, no.

Wife#2

1) My son got up early enough to stop at fast food for breakfast
2) For the third time this week
3) He had been sick and is getting much better

Sceal

1) I had a good appt. With my psychologist
2) my physiotherapist treated some of my backpain
3) I rode my moms el-bike in the autumn sun
4) I went for  stroll
5) I feel really good today

AphoticAtramentous

Quote from: Sceal on September 27, 2017, 12:42:04 PM
Getting art printed and it looks FINE, is amazing feeling! Hang on to it. You've done great
Thank you Sceal. :)

Quote from: Blueberry on September 28, 2017, 09:34:17 PM
1. I had the energy to make a cake today which I've been intending to make for a few days
3. I finally had a shower and washed my hair, and feel much better on account of it.
4. I played my healing CD really loudly while I was in the shower so I could hear it above the running of the water, and I sang to it too. (That's big progress because I'm frightened of 'disturbing the neighbours' and of 'being heard' - in both cases a projection. I am of course in a semi-EF in both cases.) I have never sang that loudly in the shower before, maybe hummed along a little bit, but sang, no.
lol Blueberry, I was coincidentally eating cake just as I read about you making a cake.  Nice to hear you've got things tidy and clean. :) I find a clean body/environment really helps my overall mood.

Quote from: Wife#2 on September 29, 2017, 12:56:40 PM
1) My son got up early enough to stop at fast food for breakfast
2) For the third time this week
3) He had been sick and is getting much better
^^ Glad to hear it. Hope he fully recovers soon.

Quote from: Sceal on September 29, 2017, 04:04:39 PM
1) I had a good appt. With my psychologist
2) my physiotherapist treated some of my backpain
3) I rode my moms el-bike in the autumn sun
4) I went for  stroll
5) I feel really good today
:cheer: Sounds lovely!

#1. Finished with work for the day so I have the rest of the afternoon to just relax.
#2. I drafted a letter to my biological father and his family (the few non abusive relatives I have), just to say thank you and "I want to visit you guys more often". Will tidy it up and send it along with a box of goodies for the kids. :)
#3. At work I had a customer who looked a lot like a good friend I know, it made me feel way more elated than it should have. Haha

Blueberry

Quote from: AphoticAtramentous on September 30, 2017, 05:27:31 AM

Quote from: Blueberry on September 28, 2017, 09:34:17 PM
lol Blueberry,  Nice to hear you've got things tidy and clean. :) I find a clean body/environment really helps my overall mood.

"got things tidy and clean" is a bit of an exaggeration. That's more or less never the case. But it is good if I manage to keep going bit by bit. So maybe one room is tidy and clean. Atm even that is unfortunately not the case.

Good Things Today
1) I am able to sit at the computer again for a while, which I couldn't yesterday
2) I slept most of the day, which I really needed.
3) A friend phoned unexpectedly, which was nice because I had been feeling a bit lonely

Blueberry

#2. Going back to sleep after having a nightmare didn't just put me straight into another nightmare like what usually happens. >.>
#3. Am slowly getting the hang of 'accepting my mood' instead of being annoyed at myself for being down.

Way to go, Aphotic  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: I'm so glad you have some money to get your artwork professionally printed, and that not all your money has to be spent on food. Also it's great that you're getting your artwork printed   :applause: :applause: and that it looks so good.
Your other two points are really good progress too.