Did i witness how the seeds of C-PTSD are sown in childhood today?

Started by Hazy111, April 15, 2017, 12:03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazy111

I suppose weve all seen versions of it , casual abuse by parents of their children. But it got me thinking about C-PTSD in childhood.

I was sitting on a bus, with what looked like 3 generations sitting beside me, mother grandmother and son about 2/3 years of age.

The boy seemed to be trying to get the mothers attention as she chatted away to grandmother. There was a hesitancy and nervousness in his voice like he didnt want to upset his mother. She didnt respond.

Suddenly i heard the mother say as part of her conversation, looking now at the boy quite loudly "Well done Daniel , yeah you ruined it again". I thought how many times has he heard that or an equivalent. The mother projecting onto her child, shaming him. I suppose it was an EF for me, i felt so angry for the kid.

The look on his poor face.  He sort of froze. I was shocked i even muttered something like "Dont talk to him like that" and the Grandmother turned to look at me, but didnt say anything.

Then the mother got up to get off at the stop and it was clear the boy didnt want to get off. The Grandmother stayed on. The mother had to really pull at him to get him off the bus. Then the tears started he was reaching out for the Grandmother and as the bus pulled away he was crying his heart out looking back at her through the window, reaching out to her.. The mother was really jerking at him.

I said to her " He really loves his Grandmother" i wanted to say shame about the mother.

Candid

sanmagic7

i hate seeing this crapola happen.  my heart weeps for those kids.

Hazy111

Thanks for the link Candid. It makes you sick to the heart doesnt it. I suppose thats where dissociation  can start in the child as well, if these incidents constantly occur. The brain wipes it .