Small Win with EF

Started by A_Girl_You_Dont_Know, April 02, 2017, 05:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A_Girl_You_Dont_Know

I wanted to share because I'm actually really proud of myself for it. Yesterday was spent with family. I didn't realize how disassociated I was even though all I wanted to do was drink and hide until nighttime after I watched the movie Interstellar which to my complete shock and bewilderment sent me into a huge EF. My critic quickly escalated things because I felt lame for getting triggered by a movie and because I can't do things other people can or else this happens. It hit a moment of thinking "I want to cut" (haven't for over 3 years) and a quick thought of suicide and then i was like this is an EF. I got out Pete Walkers tips to get through EF and also to combat inner critic and I was totally able to get myself out of the EF and stay 100% safe.  :cheer: Granted it took like an hour with lots of sobbing and praying and lowering then quick spiking of anxiety before it stayed calm, but I was able to use those tips and mindfulness and went to bed out of my EF. Thanks for letting me share!

Blueberry

Good on you!  :cheer:    :cheer:    :cheer: Actually in my books that would be a big win, but maybe it's just small for you  ;) considering what other achievements you have under your belt and what other leaps forward you do in healing.

Kizzie

That's awesome Beloved   :applause:   

Three Roses

A_Girl_You_Dont_Know

Thanks!!  :) It did feel pretty big actually, ha. I just feel a little silly, but I am really proud of myself.

bazou

That is awesome. High-five!  :cheer: :cheer: