Neat Interactive Self Care Guide

Started by tea-the-artist, March 27, 2017, 10:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

debsmau

Hi Tea,
I totally get where you are coming from. I too am on the path of self-directed recovery. I have a childhood history of abuse and neglect and am finally safely out of a 40 year marriage to an actual psychopath, so the road ahead looks pretty rough. I have read everything I can get my hands on about childhood abuse/neglect, psychopathy, narcissistic personality disorder, and C-PTSD and the book I find most helpful is COMPLEX PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving by Pete Walker. It not only goes into great depth about the origins and diagnosis of CPTSD, but actually lays out an in-depth self-help strategy that I'm already finding extremely helpful and encouraging.  Hope this helps
:cheer: 

Three Roses

Aquarius89

I like vanilla

This is fantastic! Thank you for sharing it!

marti.325

:wave:

Wow. Thanks for that. I needed something like that. Maybe I'll (eventually) create my own using language I prefer. (I always have language or grammar I want to change or improve in what I read!)

:grouphug:

PaperDoll

Thank you so much tea-the-artist for sharing the self-care guide. I am using it a lot and finding it helpful :grouphug:

Heartly

Quote from: tea-the-artist on March 29, 2017, 02:37:40 PMit's like Little Tea can sense that, and feels a bit of ease and slight happiness, and I feel happy caring for her. because it's my choice, and for once I'm aware of my duty to her. and that's good and that's OK for me now

This is so lovely and such a wonderful goal.  I, too, am appreciative of the link you provided ... thank you so much!

:hug: