IC in Therapy today...

Started by meursault, March 17, 2017, 01:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meursault

Did an interesting activity in therapy today that was very Inner Child related that might interest other people to try.  Actually, it might even be a good relationship building game!  My therapist brought a Jenga set, and all the pieces had either "Question", "Admire", or "Share" written on them.  Basically, if you got a piece out, you did that thing.  Ask the other person a question, say something you admire about them, or share something personal.  It was really good.  My therapist asked questions to my Inner Child mostly, like: "What is Little Meursault most scared of?" and that sort of thing. 

It was really good, and I felt very connected and EQUAL to my therapist doing that.  And actually cared for as well....  Our session lasted an extra twenty minutes because we were both doing really well with steady hands.

Anyhow, it was a good little exercise and it helped to feel closer to her and more accepted.  It was kind of a lighter session hat way than normal as well.

Thought that was pretty good, and maybe other people might want to try it.

Meursault

Toast

This actually sounds like a lot of fun. I just need someone to play it with.

Fightsong

I love that! what fun!  Meursault - you know when IC comes out in therapy, Its odd isnt it? I wonder if anyone else ever,  like curls up into a ball and starts talking like a kid? Just asking.

texannurse

I LOVE this concept - maybe I can suggest it to my T. It might help break down some walls

Dee

I did a lot of IC work inpatient and loved it.  I like drawing the most while the therapist read children books then we discussed what we all drew.  We were giving some guidelines. 

On of my favorites is what 5 year old me dreamed of.  Me I drew a picture of a police car because I dreamed of safety.  It wasn't sad, it was safe and a happy memory.

LOVE IC therapy!