Last cbt today

Started by Eyessoblue, March 16, 2017, 09:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eyessoblue

Today I had my last cbt session (I had 6 altogether ). My next step is seeing a trauma therapist,but I was horrified when she told me it was with a male therapist. All my notes tell her about my sexual abuse etc. I told her there was no way I could be in a room with a man on my own, she looked a bit put out but I said that it would cause me too much anxiety so she agreed to specify a female only one but I may have to wait 6 weeks or so. I don't think these people 'get it' sometimes and are just there to do their job without actually thinking properly about the effects that things like that may have on people. I have to do a daily diary now to keep my mind occupied but to me that seems like a waste of time as I have no therapist now to share it with, the cbt gave me some useful information but nothing I couldn't really have worked out myself, just hoping I have more luck with the trauma therapist now.

sanmagic7

good luck with getting a female t.  people who don't deal with trauma aspects can just be ignorant of what that entails.  they're working on an entirely different level and, no, they don't understand.  i wish you the best, and hope your request comes through quickly.  big hug, eyessoblue.