Hello

Started by wobbits, March 14, 2017, 06:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wobbits

I am new to the community. I just stumbled onto the website and all the information today. I am an adult survivor of child abuse by my stepmother and I just got out of a marriage with a gaslighting narcissist. I have struggled with depression and anxiety for years but was not recently diagnosed until three years ago. My parents never sought help for me, I had to self refer. I'm not really sure what else to say. I hope to learn as much as I can from this community to continue to help myself.

Thank you.

Hope66

Hi Wobbits,
Welcome to the community.  I hope you'll find it a helpful and supportive place - and I'm glad you've found the forum - there is so much information to read, and people are really lovely here. 
Welcome, and wishing you well in all the things you seek to find here.
Hope  :)

Wife#2

Welcome, Wobbits.

I've been here a while and this is a very helpful community. There are so many things I'd like to tell you, but I don't want to overwhelm. So, start with the tool kit - lots of good tips there. Then, read around, check out what others have to say! When you feel comfortable, as much or as little as you want to, join the conversations.

We're not doctors, we don't diagnose and we don't make anyone prove 'they belong'. If what you've read about c-PTSD resonates with you, or you have a diagnosis, you are welcome here. We seek to help, validate, support and encourage one another.

You may be interested in posting in both the 'childhood onset' pages OR the 'adult onset' pages, depending on what you are going through. There is no right or wrong board for posting.

Thank you for being brave enough to click 'post' that first time. It can be scary! We've all been there. You did it. You reached out to some fellow human beings, who may just understand what those in your real life just can't - even when they try. Post with us, as you are ready and able. Welcome! :hug:

Kizzie

Just wanted to say welcome Wobbits!  :heythere: