I'm not sure I belong, but hi anyway :)

Started by Panda, March 05, 2017, 11:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panda

Hi everyone,

I never really know what to write in intro posts and I feel especially lost here. I guess I'll try to keep it short. I'm Shaun and I'm 28 years old.
I have dealt with a lot of traumatic stuff in my past which I'll try to elaborate on later but anyway, that has lead me to the point where I think there's a very big chance that I have C-PTSD but I haven't been professionally diagnosed (when your mental health issues stand in the way of you seeking therapy...). I hope I am welcome here anyway.

I guess that's the most important things for now, if there was anything else I was supposed to write in here or you'd like to know please just tell me ^^
Also, I'm sorry for any awkward phrasing, I'm not a native English speaker and sometimes my brain doesn't cooperate that well.

Thank you for reading :)

Candid

Hi Shaun, and welcome to the forum!

Quote from: Shaun on March 05, 2017, 11:38:19 AMI think there's a very big chance that I have C-PTSD but I haven't been professionally diagnosed

It's not easy to get a diagnosis of CPTSD because it's still not officially recognised, so forum members are mostly self-diagnosed. You certainly are welcome here, and you'll find your 'voice' as you read and interact here.

sanmagic7

hey, shaun,

you are so welcome here.  i've never been 'professionally' diagnosed with c-ptsd either, but that doesn't mean i'm not suffering from it.   look around the forum at your own pace, see if anything strikes you that you can relate to.  i don't doubt that soon you'll know you belong!

i'm glad you found us.  this forum has helped me tremendously to move forward in recovery from this terrible beast we call c-ptsd.  there are many kind, generous, helpful, and supportive people here and i feel like i found a home where people, finally, understand.  i hope you will, too.

post and share what and when you are ready.  this is your recovery, your pace, your space.  we're here for you.

Fen Starshimmer

Hello Shaun,
Welcome to OOTS! You found us and that's a positive step worth celebrating  :applause:

Here is a wonderful community of people who will understand you. So as Sanmagic and Candid say, join in the chat and post when you feel ready.

Your English is brilliant by the way.  :)

Blueberry

Hi Shaun,
You're welcome here as long as you feel you belong!

My brain often doesn't cooperate either, the problem seems belong to this diagnosis. Your English is really good. I wouldn't have thought you were non-native by reading your post, so don't worry about that.

Just one thing, I would worried about identifying myself by age and real name, or is Shaun not your real name? If not, then that's not a problem. Just a thought about being aware that anybody can read on here...
Blueberry

rosiehillinhan

Hi, Shaun!

Welcome! I'm relatively new here as well, but have already found a lot of support and encouragement.

-Rosie

Panda

Hi everyone,

thank you all for the warm welcome and for letting me know I don't fail at making myself understood ;). This seems to be quite a lovely place and I hope I can be a bit braver and post instead of lurk soon!

And Blueberry, thank you for the concern but no need to worry, Shaun isn't my real name, just the name of a fictional character I quite relate to.

Kizzie

Little bit late Shaun, but wanted to say welcome  :heythere: