Difficult Memories

Started by tnicke05, March 01, 2017, 05:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tnicke05

So today I was just minding my own business about to take a shower when out of the blue I have a memory come back to me about how cruel my ex was, to me, his daughter, pets. I know this is how you heal but I wish these memories would stop coming back to me. I feel like sick to my stomach over these memories.

sanmagic7

hey, tnicke,

i don't blame you for feeling sick to your stomach remembering things like this.  horrible!  i'm just glad you had a place where you could write it down and possibly get the poison out.  that is how we heal - do what we need to do to get that frickin' poison out. 

although it was terrible to read, i'm hopeful that you will keep writing, keep letting it out.  the universe takes care of this crapola for us, of that i have no doubt.  one foot in front of the other, tnicke.  walking right beside you.   big hug for your pain.

Kizzie

Welcome to OOTS Tnicke. I'm sorry for what you went through with your ex, but at least he is your ex now and you can deal with the memories without him being around.  Do you have a therapist to help you through?

When you have a moment please have a read through our Member Guidelines (http://outofthefog.net/C-PTSD/forum/index.php?topic=1616.msg10035#msg10035), and in particular about overly graphic content.  So many members here struggle with trauma and to read about it in detail is quite triggering.  We ask that you give just enough detail to describe the situation and add a trigger warning at the beginning of your post or in the subject.  It helps members to avoid posts that are too difficult.