Help please to aid my expression

Started by Boatsetsailrose, February 03, 2017, 11:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eyessoblue

That's so true, I keep telling people I think I have early dementia!  Hope your headache clears, I get a lot of 'foggy' headaches especially lately. I'm glad you are seeing the trauma service, I am going to see a trauma therapist but not yet, I'm with a cbt lady for 6 weeks because they said I need to work out how to find compassion and 'self soothe' myself first to enable me to cope with trauma related therapy. I had my first one last week, I left feeling really positive but then started reading over her notes and had a complete meltdown ended up drinking and binge eating for the next few days after, just felt like I couldn't cope with it, not too bad now but have next appointment tomorrow so hoping the same doesn't happen again!

Boatsetsailrose

Ah yes I understand that the self soothe/ compassion - I started to be able to do more of that and then it went out of the window - thank you for the reminder .
I do 12 step for the alcohol and food
Good to hear you have got support coming
Yes I am realising more and more my ridigity and perfectionism makes me collapse and not cope , at the mo I'm more in the middle ground but I know how quickly that can shift and I'm back in Sargent major mode - one to be very vigilant about