Cbt appointment today

Started by Eyessoblue, January 26, 2017, 01:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eyessoblue

So today I went for my first cbt appointment, I actually felt quite calm for me! I met the therapist who was lovely but then said she didn't know why I was referred to her as I should have been referred to a trauma therapist! Anyway we talked for a while about my feelings and mood etc, she then gave me a lot of handouts which I already had. I think she could see my frustration as have had to wait ages for this appointment, we together filled in some paperwork all the time her apologising for me being in the wrong place, she gave me some grounding techniques which again I already had been given. In her opinion I need a Trauma Therapist that deals with cptsd although she 'thinks' she maybe of some help up until that point as I now have to go back on the right waiting list which could be another 8 weeks until I'm seen! Fed up of waiting and being messed about, everything has a waiting list in the uk. I'm seeing a Psychiatrist on Tuesday about changing my medication, just hoping I have a better result with him!

Three Roses

??? Ugh, so frustrating! It sucks to have to wait, and then find out you're going to have to wait again. I'm sorry you've hit this roadblock. She does sound informed tho and sensitive to your needs & feelings. Maybe she'll be able to help some.

Eyessoblue

Yes ThreeRoses I do hope so, she at least seemed to know what she was talking about, just got to join that long list again!

sanmagic7

hate that waiting crap!  at least your t does sound like she's not putting on airs and is referring you to where you belong.  there may be some things she can help you with, who knows?  hopefully, all will go well and time will fly.  best to you!

Dee

I'm sorry, waiting causes anxiety for me.  It is a fear of the unknown.  Do you get to see her while you wait?  I think you do, maybe you can discuss your fears? I hope they find a way to get you in sooner.

Eyessoblue

Thanks everyone, yes the waiting game is the worst! I'm going back to see her next Thursday to discuss my treatment plan, I know it's going to involve another waiting list, I've decided I'm going to try and find a private trauma related therapist whilst waiting on the list, if this works then I probably won't bother with the NHS one after all, wish I'd done this in the beginning, waiting and waiting for help sends my anxiety out of control and I know if I pay for one privately I can be seen almost immediately, hopefully it will be worth the money but the most important thing is that I can find someone I can relate to and who understands trauma and cptsd.