Started by Northern Soul, January 18, 2017, 11:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Soul

Hello everyone.
My psychotherapist directed me here today and I thought it would be good to get involved. I  was finally diagnosed with CPTSD in 2014 after a 10 year battle to be "heard" and "understood" by our local medical professionals.... My injury/illness has a long and complex history, but enough to say that I lived through a terrorist insurgency overseas and experienced a time of prolonged duress and hypervigilance between 2002 and 2004... As I child I may have suffered emotional trauma.  In short a combination of "complex" factors has led me to where I am today.  I hope my input will prove useful to others and that I might get a bit of support in return. One of the biggest issues I have had since 2004 is "Being understood." It's clearly very difficult for those who don't have this illness to understand it. I have directed friends and family to the web-site and HOPE that they will read and learn. My very best wishes to everyone here and a big Thank You to the founders of the site.  :)

mourningdove

Welcome, Northern Soul! :)

sanmagic7

hey, northern soul,  glad you made it here and welcome.  terrible stuff to have had to go through.  also very glad you found a therapist who 'knew'.  hope you find the support you're looking for here - i did.  it's been a wonderful experience.

Northern Soul

Thank you. I am doing ok.  ;)

Three Roses

Hello and welcome, Northern Soul! Thanks for joining and adding your voice here.
:heythere: