Brain fog ... what to do ?

Started by Boatsetsailrose, January 07, 2017, 04:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boatsetsailrose

Thank you for sharing eyes so blue
I'm really happy to hear that you've had this experience so far, it gives me hope
I didn't think cptsd was diagnosed here so that is the first bit of hope I've got from what you've said ..
Good that the 1st therapist recognised and could name it
I did a lot of research and came to the conclusion that I have cptsd .. I went to the Gp and I was directed to self refer to a service - I was assigned the head child trauma therapist and we did 12 wks work..
I found it really good, supportive and helpful. The positive boost to my esteem, worth and potential made all the difference .. some time after I starting reducing off meds and then came off completely .. I felt good for 3 mths and then crash I really went down big time , not coping, bad anxiety/ terror and couldn't work - inner critic was awful , so loud and dehabilitating.. I went back on meds and have been in a 'holding position ' since.. I just about cope although my job is a massive stressor and I am handing my notice in next wk ..
I have a Gp appointment booked and want to see what may be on offer to me . I get scared that I'll get sent to a psychiatrist and get labelled with personality disorder that is my worst fear .. I couldn't go through that ..

Eyessoblue

Hi, the 'crash' is awful isn't it, I've had it a few times, I normally start to feel I'm getting better and positive about things and then a 'trigger' sets me back again. I hope things work out for you, I am lucky at my surgery that I don't have to do a self referral and was referred by my doctor and got seen really quickly. What area of the uk do you live in? Not being nosey just wondered what the mental health system was like in your part of the country, it's very poor in the south east with waiting lists months long. Once I've seen the psychiatrist I will make up my mind whether to carry on waiting or go back to the original therapist, although I found it hard I was getting somewhere with her, and am now just 'dissociating ' at every opportunity as I can't deal with certain things and that is how I escape it. Wishing you all the best and am interested to hear in how you get on.

Boatsetsailrose

Eyes so blue
I live in Bristol - I'm going to ask for an emergency Gp appoint tomor and also get in touch with nursing union for support re sickness ..
Can U go back to original therapist and still be on waiting list ?
I feel fed up with the whole thing today
Just want to binge eat to take it all away , but I know relapsing isn't the answer as I only have to 'wake up ' to it all again
Bored of it now but hey at least I'm in a place of possible change rather than battling it out at work

Eyessoblue

I don't know if I can or not but will ask the question. I'm the same, binge eating gone crazy, I was the opposite a few months ago and hardly eating and now I can't stop especially at early hours of the morning just cramming whatever I can find and then feeling sick and guilty afterwards. Good for you, I hope you get results, please let me know. Take care.

Boatsetsailrose

Thank you yes I will keep updated here
I got recovery in food addicts in recovery anonymous if u wanted to look on line

Eyessoblue

Thank you will look at that, not heard of it. I've got an assessment appointment come through for next week on Thursday, at last starting to feel optimistic!

Boatsetsailrose

Oh that's good news :)
I went to Gp today and she referred me to consultant re poss getting diagnosis and long term help

Eyessoblue

Really pleased for you, keep me updated on your progress.

Boatsetsailrose

Hi eyes so blue ..
got diagnosed with cptsd had a really positive exp with psych
On wait list for trauma therapy with a charity

Eyessoblue

Hi, I'm on a waiting list for a trauma therapist now too, just finished cbt for 6 sessions which was ok helped a little but not a great deal really. I was really disappointed though when she told me my new trauma therapist was going to be a man, I freaked out and said there is no way I can sit in a room on my own with a man, she clearly hadn't given it a thought and just wanted to move me on to the next stage, she seemed a bit perplexed by it, but did assure me she would find me a female therapist and then said that obviously there is a problem with how I feel about that and will need to be addressed in therapy, again I thought you really haven't got a clue have you!
Good luck, will be interesting to see who gets their appointment first and how the trauma therapy works for each of us, they wanted me to have EMDR too but I've turned that down for the moment as don't feel ready for that at this time. Keep me updated on how you are getting on.

Boatsetsailrose

Hi eyes so blue
Glad to hear you will get assigned a female .. I said female too
I mean we have the absolute right to specify which gender... doing such personal and deep work ...
Not neccessarily a problem hey ! Maybe just preference ...
yes keep updated :) all the best to you