TSA cares

Started by Dee, December 24, 2016, 05:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee

For everyone traveling in the US I found a really good resource when I got my dog.

The organization set me up with TSA cares.  Anyone with a disability can use them.  A TSA (transportation security administration) agent collected me at the door into the airport then walked me trough security.  I didn't have to wait in long lines and I had help with my stuff.  I tend to panic in lines because I feel trapped and people stand too close. 

Just another resource that I learned about.

Three Roses

What a great service to provide! Thanks for letting us know about this, Dee :hug:

sanmagic7

just wanted to let you know that, altho service dogs are supposed to be recognized worldwide and allowed to travel with you, we found out this past dec. that the mexican buses will not allow a service dog on the bus.  my ex-friend was going to come to visit, and she took it for granted that she'd be able to bring her dog with her on the bus from the border town to here.  since i don't trust mexican rules and regulations anymore (they change on a dime), i asked my hub to look into it for her.  nope, he was told.  the dog could ride under the bus in a carrier but not in the bus proper.    just a warning if you're traveling out of the u.s. to check first, make sure your dog is allowed to ride with you.