To the Lovable Girl

Started by tea-the-artist, December 12, 2016, 06:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tea-the-artist

To the little girl whose smiles were so brave. You were so tough. You hurt so much all those years, yeah? I know it was hard for you.

I know it was so hard to somehow, at so young of an age, become older than you actually were. To take care of everyone's emotional needs. A kind and loving girl you are, never judgmental. But I know that your needs were never met. I know that time after time you were left alone, having to deal with your feelings alone. I know that someone that you could count on should have stepped into that role for you. I know that no one ever did.

And I know that you didn't deserve that. I know it's hard to trust that someone would ever be so compelled to kindly listen to you, no judging, no shame or making you feel bad for your feelings. I know it's hard to come out and be trusting after everything you've been through. Please know, if you're listening, that I don't blame you at all. How could I blame you? How could you trust when your pain was neither acknowledged nor healed? When no one ever wanted to hear you unless you were good and happy?

You're a sweet girl who deserves to be heard. I want to listen to you. I want to listen to everything you have to say. You're not boring or annoying. You never talked to much. You talked just enough. You wanted to say all the things you wanted to say, and I want to listen to all of it. The good things that mom and dad and brother likes, as well as the bad things. I will listen to you if you want. You deserve someone who will listen to you and not judge you, not make fun of you or belittle you.

You're important to me. You're an important person. No matter what you did or didn't do, no matter what, you are important just as you are. Just by being born, you're so so incredibly important. You will never stop being important. I love you so much! You are a lovable person, who deserves a kind and strong and gentle love and I love you and will always love you. What happened does not make you unlovable. What happened does not make you a bad person. Your reactions to what happened doesn't make you bad or unlovable. How you feel about what happened doesn't stop me from loving you.

You're important and sweet and caring and absolutely lovable. There is nothing anyone can do or say to change that.