Such a big topic nowadays, that...

Started by LaurelLeaves, August 17, 2016, 06:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurelLeaves

It's such a big topic nowadays, that I'm surprised it is never mentioned as an example of emotional abuse.   But I suppose society still has to come a long way until they understand that it is abuse. 

So I just going to say it.  This is why I have C-PTSD:  I am transgender.  And in 1970, that meant I wasn't allowed to exist.  So I emotionally died, leaving just a shell to carry on.

radical

When society itself is the abuser, even if only a minority carry out the beatings and other kinds of active abuse.  Social ostracism is a kind of death.  I'm so sorry you experienced this. We all need to be accepted for who we are.
I hear you.
I hope you are able to find some healing.  I don't know you, but I feel that you are still there under that shell, that it wasn't a shell reaching out in this post. 

LaurelLeaves

Thank You, Radical.
Yes... I am in that shell!  I guess I was just in a coma, not dead. 
And I am coming out of my shell.  Just the fact that I can say, out loud, that I am transgender, is proof.
:cheer:

radical

:fireworks:

That's worth celebrating.  So glad you are still there.  So glad we all are.
:cheer:

sanmagic7

ditto!!!  laurelleaves, the fact that you have survived all this time proves to me that you are here, real, alive, and growing.  keep going!  we're with you!  big hug!

LaurelLeaves

Thank you Sanmagic7.

I like to think our life is like a story book that we are reading.  All our stories have dark chapters, and we might not want to keep reading.  But if we close the book and throw it out, we'll never know the true ending.  It could be a good ending.. it really could, and you wouldn't want to miss that possibility... even if you can't imagine it from were you're currently reading.

To all I wish perseverance.