Sudden anger

Started by macandrui, July 22, 2016, 05:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macandrui

It used to take such a long time for me to get angry, I'd hold on and on and then pop goes the boiling pot, but of late it's quick-quick. Is any body out there who has had symptoms come faster the more effort they put into trying to become healthier? I don't know if I can be gentler all the time.

Three Roses

Quote from: macandrui on July 22, 2016, 05:40:32 AM
is any body out there who has had symptoms come faster the more effort they put into trying to become healthier? I don't know if I can be gentler all the time.

In not sure it's that, that is making you angry. Maybe trying not to be angry and just denying your anger isn't what your insides want to do.

If you're in therapy, what does your therapist say?

It's not wrong to feel anger. It's just a normal reaction to something that happens to us. But when you deny & just stuff it inside, it will come out in other ways, like headaches or stomach problems.

I've spent my whole life angry without asking myself why. It's gotten me nowhere. I'd be better off now, at the age of 60, if I'd taken the blinders off and dealt with my issues while I was young enough to take a different path. 

macandrui

Hi three roses, thanks. I have an appointment today, so will ask about it. But lately it seems like the more I work to reveal these feelings the swifter the symptoms present themselves when I don't want them to. I guess that makes  sense, but I'd like to have more control over it, so my family feels safer around me