Really?

Started by Kizzie, January 12, 2016, 08:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

OK, so yesterday I went for some dental surgery and let my NPDM know I would be offline (we have a LC email thing going).   I emailed today to let her know I was done, am a bit worse for wear and look puffy like a chipmunk.  So she emails this back - honestly you just have to laugh!

omg I had my teeth out almost 62 years ago & still remember, never did like going to the dentist. The last visit he decided to pull the 11 remaining teeth. Then I had to take a bus home from xx to xx, walk a mile to pick S up from the neighbour. We had no car. Anyway she took one look at me ...called her husband to go get Dad then pick us up. I sure looked like a mess with my mouth full of stuffing. Felt ok till the freezing came out

Now I wonder why I always felt sorry for her?  I never realized consciously for years that she stole my moments, good or bad.  When I was sick and in need of attention I always felt I shouldn't complain as she always  had it twice as bad.  Nowadays it strikes me as so completely obvious I wonder how I didn't see it before. Anyway, I have let go of the need for any genuine concern from her and that really helps in recovery so I honestly did laugh when I saw the email.  My H was absolutely wonderful at caring for me yesterday and that reminds me to look at what I have now instead of what I lost.

Dutch Uncle

:sadno:

:thumbup: for H!

Get well soon.

Kizzie

Thanks Dutch  :hug:   

I should add that I was sedated for the work and when it was done, I hugged my dentist and thanked him and (apparently) the entire office for their care and attention lol.  It's a huge step out of the past because before I would have said thank you,  left and when it was safe/private  younger me would have cried because it was scary and painful and there was no-one there for her or so it felt to five year old me.  Now I am there for her/me and I let more of those around me care for me.  I feel a bit shy about going back to the dentist, but what the heck, who doesn't like a good, heartfelt hug now and again?!

mourningdove

Hope you feel better soon, Kizzie, and I think it's sweet that you hugged the dental team!

I also think we might have the same mom. : /

Dutch Uncle

Quote from: Kizzie on January 12, 2016, 09:29:57 PM
I feel a bit shy about going back to the dentist, but what the heck, who doesn't like a good, heartfelt hug now and again?!
I bet they can't wait to have you back.  :yes:

And congrats on taking such good care of your little 5 year old that both of you now feel able to "let more of those around me care for me". That's a wonderful step forward.  :hug: