The horrors of an EF. (possible triggers)

Started by Dutch Uncle, October 15, 2015, 07:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dutch Uncle

I had a major EF tonight, flashing back to events where those in power have horribly and sadistically abused their powers to start a premeditated manhunt and a whole bunch ganged up on me. If that wasn't bad enough in itself, they proved to be a bunch of hypocrites who punished me for things they did themselves in abundance. But perhaps hypocrisy is to be expected in these cases.

The only thing good to have come from this is that tonight for the very first time I was able to identify an EF when I was in one, and used Walker's 13 steps of EF management.
It was very hard working through them as #3 only intensified the EF, the horror and the anxiety that went with it.
Quote from: Peter Walker#3: Own your right/need to have boundaries. Remind yourself that you do not have to allow anyone to mistreat you; you are free to leave dangerous situations and protest unfair behavior.
It's horrific that there are people on this planet, who often wiggle themselves into positions of absolute power, who do not allow for protest, and will bully, persecute, beat, chase, imprison, evict and execute people for the mere fact of them protesting. Where the mere fact of protesting or even asking questions is just another useful invented offense to beat me up. Accountability is then something that becomes a punishable crime in itself. It threatens the absolute power they hold and crave, I suppose.
Quote"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."
Sir John Dalberg-Acton
The same holds true for women, I've come to experience. No sexism there.

I have a headache from all this.
The horror that a benign event can trigger Emotional Flashbacks to the utter helplessness in/of a malignant event.  :thumbdown:

arpy1

:'(  oh hon, a great big  :bighug: to you. it's very hard.  but well done  :thumbup: for recognising what was going on and for doing the 'steps' to try and manage the flashback.  it can feel totally overwhelming, can't it? and it is hard work to start learning new strategies.  i am finding that, to my surprise, they do help. i'm sure in time they will become second nature if we keep practising  :yes:  much support, Dutch Uncle.  :hug: :hug:

Dutch Uncle